ESN is far not only limited to the ERASMUS-programme anymore. On one side, we also take care of exchange students from other development programmes. On the other side, ESN has also sections in countries that do not take part in the ERASMUS-programme.
The goals of our organisation formulated in the statutes of ESN International are:
- to improve the social and practical integration of exchange students
- to represent the needs and expectations of exchange students on the local, national and international level
- to pass on information about all academic exchange programmes in Europe
- to make the homecoming easier for former exchange students by integrating them in our network
- to contribute to the continuous evaluation of the European exchange programmes
Our mission and vision were discussed and approved at the AGM Utrecht in march 2009. The values are the result of our Corporate Identity projects. They were developed end of 2005 and revised in 2008/2009.
ESN is one of the biggest student organisations in the field of international university education. Under the motto “students help students”, we provide room for the personal development and support the cooperation of different cultures.
The enrichment of the society by intercultural exchange and the communication of different people.
- Unity in diversity, diversity in the unity: We all have a different origin but a common goal.
- Students help students: We work with commitment and voluntarily for the welfare of foreign students.
- The international dimension of life: We are open-minded, mobile, curious, cooperative and interactive to open borders.
- Love for Europe as a place of peace and intercultural exchange: We live and support the diversity of Europe.
- Openness and tolerance: We try to understand and to learn from people with a foreign origin.
- Cooperation in the integration: We look at internationality in an integral way.